Welcome to Kiwi country, where trails are called “tracks,” and hiking is called “tramping.” Climb through the fern-covered Coromandel Forest to the jagged Pinnacles, scamper to the top of the Franz Josef Glacier, and see the Southern Alps up close on Avalanche Peak. The guided workout is an extended hill climb with one recovery interval.
- Coromandel Forest Park, Waikato
- Westland Tai Poutini National Park, West Coast
- Paparoa National Park, West Coast
- Arthur's Pass National Park, Canterbury
- Fiordland National Park, Southland